[NatureNS] Canning Kings Co geese; Canada lots, Snow 1, White

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:29:58 -0300
From: "George E. Forsyth" <g4syth@nspes.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

This message is in MIME format.

--=_NuAqEE6GbYLTPyBS1ULZOQ1

  Hi All,

On Sunday I saw a snow goose at the same place on Hwy #358 that I saw one
on Saturday, but it was not the same bird!

Saturday's snow goose was a pristine white bird, the snow goose on Sunday
was a dingy immature bird.

On 14 April 2015, I saw four snow geese in this location with Keith Lowe
and Paolo Matteuci, they have photos of these four. One was a dingy
blue/grey and three were white. The bird on Sunday was a dingy blue/grey.
So there are still at least two snow geese in the area.

Cheers, George Forsyth

Quoting "George E. Forsyth" <g4syth@nspes.ca>:

> Hi All,
> This morning in Canning three geese species were well seen by George,
> and Harold Forsyth and Larry Neily.
>
> Entering Canning on Hwy #358 from the south, a large flock of Canada
> geese along the Habitant River was entertaining one Snow Goose. There
> were also Green winged Teal, Black ducks and Mallards.
>
> In the Village, at the Shipyard Park, another group of Canada geese was
> hosting a sleeping White fronted Goose, it did stand for a short time to
> allow some photos.
>
> Also seen here were Green winged teal, Mallards and Ring Necked Ducks.
>
> Cheers, George Forsyth

--=_NuAqEE6GbYLTPyBS1ULZOQ1

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
On Sunday I saw a snow goose at the same place on Hwy #358 that I saw one on Saturday, but it was not the same bird!<br>
Saturday's snow goose was a pristine white bird, the snow goose on Sunday was a dingy immature bird.<br>
On 14 April 2015, I saw four snow geese in this location with Keith Lowe and Paolo Matteuci, they have photos of these four. One was a dingy blue/grey and three were white. The bird on Sunday was a dingy blue/grey. So there are still at least two snow geese in the area.<br>
Cheers, George Forsyth<br>
Quoting "George E. Forsyth" &lt;g4syth@nspes.ca&gt;:</p>
Hi All,<br>
This morning in Canning three geese species were well seen by George, and Harold Forsyth and Larry Neily.<br>
Entering Canning on Hwy #358 from the south, a large flock of Canada geese along the Habitant River was entertaining one Snow Goose. There were also Green winged Teal, Black ducks and Mallards.<br>
In the Village, at the Shipyard Park, another group of Canada geese was hosting a sleeping White fronted Goose, it did stand for a short time to allow some photos.<br>
Also seen here were Green winged teal, Mallards and Ring Necked Ducks.<br>
Cheers, George Forsyth</p>
--=_NuAqEE6GbYLTPyBS1ULZOQ1--