[NatureNS] should we be concerned?

From: Paul Ruggles <cpruggles@eastlink.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:20:33 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

It happens every spring and nobody seems to take any notice at all. There are no parliamentary investigations, no cross-examinations of witnesses before television, no one hurls himself out of a window. Nevertheless, it happens every spring and there is no doubt that it smacks of sheer communism. I refer to the expropriation and reassignment of land in these provinces and the incredible way in which even city properties fall victim to it. Yesterday morning I could hear conversations about it just outside my window, and somebody over my rooftop was expropriating in at least half-mile sections. … The whole thing smacks of subversion and disrespect for the laws of private property. It may well merit an investigation. It should begin by a thorough and painstaking investigation of the birds.  *

* with some slight alterations, from The Lost Notebooks of Loren Eiseley.

Paul R.