[NatureNS] spring sounds, birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 08:44:49 -0300

Peepers sounding Wednesday evening, as they drove out from town around 9:30
Steve said and last evening here there was a lovely strong chorus. I head a
frog Wednesday in Milton behind the DNR office on route 8 (being rebuilt). I
was at the back of the property to see if I could see swallows feeding. A
few were down at the bit of backwater off the Potanoc St. bridge.
There are a few swallows sitting on wires down the road away, behind
Dumeah's barn (near golf course corner) . Up they go for a quick fly then
right back down. There are  various flying things in the air around here so
I hope they are getting fueled  and not just too exhausted to fly.
Sun is out for now, fog has hauled back and looks like next week should be
good for them if the weather holds and they can hang on long enough.
Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,