[NatureNS] Swarms of Swallows (~300), Miner's Marsh

Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 09:25:53 -0300
From: Larry Bogan <larry@bogan.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Alison and I were on the Marsh at 11 am and saw the huge number of swallows, most flying high over the Cornwallis River area where the marsh resides. It was an impressive sight and most delightful when they came swooping down around our heads. We were not as careful as James to ID the diffferent swallows.  I noticed just the Tree Swallows.
   In addition we enjoyed seeing three Cormorants, a Pied-billed Grebe, some Yellow-rumped Warbers and our first Yellow Warbler.

  Back home in Brooklyn Corner, we had a visit from our first Ruby-throated Hummer yesterday.

Larry

Larry Bogan
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia
<larry@bogan.ca>