[NatureNS] woodpecker work

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 18:34:16 -0300

It's going to go down at some point in the not too distant future, I would
say. My B-l-L has an oak  (I think)  the woodpeckers (yes, Pileated) have
poked so many holes in they want it to come down before it falls down. I've
been trying to convince them to leave it but I think next visit over it will
be gone. I have photos I took last month.  It is amazing it stands now.
Marg
While I was cruising for Northern Waterthrush this afternoon along the river
in Lakeview, Kings Co (near E Dalhousie) I came across this power pole that
some woodpeckers (Pileated?) have been busy at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/17530908565/in/dateposted-public/

I am glad my power is not hooked to this line.

No N Waterthrush here so far but Blue-headed Vireos, Black-throated Blue
Warblers and N Parulas are all singing.

Nancy