[NatureNS] new Ladybird Beetle for me

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 12:08:41 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--001a113abee68069df0515e3e0a5

I just finished teaching one week (of a two week course) in Field Biology;
my week was entomology. We hung Malaise traps in Arisaig, Ant. Co., and
among other insects, caught two Ladybird Beetles,
http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/photos/Mulsantina_hudsonica.jpg. I'd never
seen LbBs this small before (about 4 mm), so I sent off the pics to Dave
McCorquodale at CBU who sent off the ID for me. According to BugGuide.net,
its common name is the Hudsonion Ladybird Beetle.

Randy
_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--001a113abee68069df0515e3e0a5

n Field Biology; my week was entomology. We hung Malaise traps in Arisaig, =
Ant. Co., and among other insects, caught two Ladybird Beetles,=C2=A0<a hre=
f=3D"http://people.stfx.ca/rlauff/photos/Mulsantina_hudsonica.jpg">http://p=
eople.stfx.ca/rlauff/photos/Mulsantina_hudsonica.jpg</a>. I&#39;d never see=
n LbBs this small before (about 4 mm), so I sent off the pics to Dave McCor=
quodale at CBU who sent off the ID for me. According to BugGuide.net, its c=
ear=3D"all"><div><div class=3D"gmail_signature">___________________________=

--001a113abee68069df0515e3e0a5--