[NatureNS] oysters in Porters Lake (HRM) !

From: "Dusan Soudek" <soudekd@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:59:03 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01D0918B.F183C210

Today, while canoeing the lowermost basin of weakly tidal Porters Lake, =
I found a considerable population of oysters. I wasn=E2=80=99t aware of =
oysters populations in this part of the Eastern Shore. But I understand =
that decades ago oyster cultivation took place at locations such as =
Oyster Pond.

Does anyone know whether there are oysters in nearby tidal Lawrencetown =
Lake, or in inlets such as Musquodoboit Harbour, Cole Harbour, =
Chezzetcook Inlet, or Petpeswick Inlet; all known for their clam beds?

Dusan Soudek

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01D0918B.F183C210

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">
<DIV>Today, while canoeing the lowermost basin of weakly tidal Porters =
Lake, I=20
found a considerable population of oysters. I wasn=E2=80=99t aware of =
oysters=20
populations in this part of the Eastern Shore. But I understand that =
decades ago=20
oyster cultivation took place at locations such as Oyster Pond.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone know whether there are oysters in nearby tidal =
Lawrencetown=20
Lake, or in inlets such as Musquodoboit Harbour, Cole Harbour, =
Chezzetcook=20
Inlet, or Petpeswick Inlet; all known for their clam beds?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dusan Soudek</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01D0918B.F183C210--