[NatureNS] picaridin?

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 20:44:46 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_046D_01D094D0.23B6B7F0

Re: [NatureNS] picaridin?Hi Phil & All,
    I am interested in your comment that "...of course, anything that =
comes as a lotion and ends up on the palm of your hands is NOT safe for =
use handling plastics and is useless for fabrics in the field)."
    For years I used a bottle of 95% Deet (lotion) mostly to repel =
Yellow Jackets when working near a damaged nest by rubbing a drop or two =
on bare shoulders, neck and hat; avoiding glasses and rubbed my palms =
reasonably clean on my pants. When I ran out last year I was able to =
find only 23.75% Deet in a pump container and have as yet not used it.
    How does the interaction of dilute pump formulations with fabrics =
differ from that of concentrated lotions ? How does one use one of these =
pumps so the squirt doesn't go where it is unwanted; e.g. as an aerosol =
on glasses ?
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville
  ----- Original Message -----=20