[NatureNS] Mayfly

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 13:41:21 -0300

Dear All,                            May 27, 2015
    While loading some things into the car this morning a small Mayfly
hitched a ride into the house on my arm. The nearest open waterway is
300-400 yards away (Cornwallis River).

       There are however several storm-water basins in the general vicinity
and I wonder if Mayfly larvae could come to maturity in one of these. The
outflow is typically 2-3 feet above the bottom so they will have some water
for much the summer and grates would allow entry of a supply of organic
matter.

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville