[NatureNS] Tiger Swallowtail

From: Bev Wigney <bkwigney@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:35:33 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

I had a black swallowtail in my garden while I was planting vegetable seeds on Sunday.  It seemed very attracted to and might have laid eggs on the foliage of some parsnips that were left over from last year.
Have not seen any tiger swallowtails as yet.  Usually, they appear at about the peak of the white lilacs in my garden.  The lilacs are peaking right now, so I hope to see some in the next couple of days.

Bev Wigney
Round Hill, NS