[NatureNS] A trip to Kejimikujik - Odes and Birds

From: James Hirtle <jrhbirder@hotmail.com>
To: Naturens Naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:34:21 +0000

--_25eb2aef-b161-482c-a5a6-bb59e2de31a6_

On Sunday=2C June 14 it was a great day in Kejimkujik National Park.  Odes =
that were found were Harlequin Darner (A new dragonfly for me)=2C White-fro=
nted corporal and stream cruiser.  For birds I had 21 species.  The least f=
lycatcher population within the park is high.  I recorded 15 which was the =
total that I found along the trail by the Interpretive Centre and along the=
 Snake Lake Trail only. These were the first least flycatchers that I've co=
me across this year.  In my travels within Lunenburg County=2C I located ma=
ny alder flycatchers=2C but where I normally would have had least flycatche=
rs there were none.  Between the two trails I had eight black-throated blue=
 warblers.  Most were along the Snake Lake Trail and I'm sure that I missed=
 some.  If anyone is keeping records there was a common tern hunting for fi=
sh over Snake Lake itself.  The best bird was a Tennesse Warbler=2C which w=
as with some yellow-rumped warblers alongside of Snake Lake.  On the basis =
of taking photographs=2C although it was a wonderful sunny day=2C the light=
ing was awful.  I was disappointed by my photos for barred owl=2C black-thr=
oated blue warbler=2C least flycatcher=2C blue-headed vireo and a number of=
 other species.  The backlighting of the leaves when transferred to the com=
puter made the photos poor=2C although they looked great on the camera itse=
lf.  Certain photos did turn out well for other things such as a toad=2C od=
es=2C leps=2C a flying ant and a bettle along with some scenic shots. =20
=20
I'm not sure if I posted to Naturens or not=2C but I had to stop for a beav=
er crossing the road at Pleasant River=2C at Waterman's Lake. =20
=20
James R. Hirtle
LaHave
=20
 =20
 		 	   		  =

--_25eb2aef-b161-482c-a5a6-bb59e2de31a6_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
6">On Sunday=2C June 14 it was a great day in Kejimkujik National Park.&nbs=
p=3B Odes that were found were Harlequin Darner (A new dragonfly for me)=2C=
 White-fronted corporal and stream cruiser.&nbsp=3B For birds I had 21 spec=
ies.&nbsp=3B The least flycatcher population within the park is high.&nbsp=
=3B&nbsp=3BI recorded 15 which was&nbsp=3Bthe total&nbsp=3Bthat I found alo=
ng the trail by the Interpretive Centre and along the Snake Lake Trail only=
.&nbsp=3BThese were the first least flycatchers that I've come across this =
year.&nbsp=3B In my travels within Lunenburg County=2C I located many alder=
 flycatchers=2C but where I normally would have had least flycatchers there=
 were none.&nbsp=3B Between the two trails I had eight black-throated blue =
warblers.&nbsp=3B Most were along the Snake Lake Trail and I'm sure that I =
missed some.&nbsp=3B If anyone is keeping records there was a common tern h=
unting for fish over Snake Lake itself.&nbsp=3B The best bird was a Tenness=
e Warbler=2C which was with some yellow-rumped warblers alongside of Snake =
Lake.&nbsp=3B On the basis of taking photographs=2C although it was a wonde=
rful sunny day=2C the lighting was awful.&nbsp=3B I was disappointed by my =
photos for barred owl=2C black-throated blue warbler=2C least flycatcher=2C=
 blue-headed vireo and a number of other species.&nbsp=3B The backlighting =
of the leaves when transferred to the computer made the photos poor=2C alth=
ough they looked great on the camera itself.&nbsp=3B Certain photos did tur=
n out well for other things such as a toad=2C odes=2C leps=2C a flying ant =
and a bettle along with some scenic shots.&nbsp=3B </font><BR><font size=3D=
"6"></font>&nbsp=3B<BR><font size=3D"6">I'm not sure if I posted to Naturen=
s or not=2C but I had to stop for a beaver crossing the road at Pleasant Ri=
ver=2C at Waterman's Lake.&nbsp=3B </font><BR><font size=3D"6"></font>&nbsp=
=3B<BR><font size=3D"6">James R. Hirtle</font><BR><font size=3D"6">LaHave</=
font><BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>&nbsp=3B&nbsp=3B<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>

--_25eb2aef-b161-482c-a5a6-bb59e2de31a6_--