[NatureNS] pink lady's slipper orchid

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 06:23:10 -0300

we have seen Pink lady slippers around here. I was hoping to get to Thomas
Raddall Park to see what the numbers are like over there as they bloom there
in amazing numbers. There are some lovely large stands, for around here, on
Hick's Road in the Estates not far from the garbage station heading toward
the Lodge, on the left.

Marg Millard, White Point, Queens
Gypsum area orchids were mentioned a week or two ago, but I haven’t seen a
recent comment about the development of the more common pink lady's slipper
orchid.
We were collecting flies on the Mt Uniacke House estate yesterday, Sunday,
briefly checked this out, and found several plants in full flower, the
nicest with 5 heads.
Steve (Hfx)