[NatureNS] Recent trip to Iceland

Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:43:55 +0000 (UTC)
From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

------=_Part_394_2040230755.1435311835190

Thanks. You are correct, and at=C2=A0=C2=A0the time I did say Glaucous. I'm=
 not sure why I labelled it wrong - some kind of slip. I'll change it.=C2=
=A0
Richard Stern
sternrichard@gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 2:24 AM -0700, "Rick Whitman" <dendroica.caerulesce=
ns@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Photo #63 you have as Iceland Gull. Iceland Gull doesn't breed in
Iceland. Glaucous Gull does breed there. I photographed the same bird
and felt it was a Glaucous Gull at the time. Minimal wing projection
also supports Glaucous.

Best, Rick.

On 6/23/15, Richard Stern  wrote:
> Not exactly NS, but people might be interested to look at some photos=E2=
=80=A6.

> http://richard-s.smugmug.com/Vacation/Iceland-June-2015/
>
> There are 192 images, a bit larger than my usual Smugmug ones, so on my
> monitor there are 13 pages.  On some monitors there may be more or
> less. Birds, places and people. Feel free to comment, download or share i=
> you want. The rather weird-looking file titles are because of the way
> Smugmug does things.
>
> We were a group of 18  people, mostly Nova Scotians, but some cfas, and i=
> was primarily a birding trip - although our excellent guide was also full
> of info. about the scenery, geology, history, sagas etc. We travelled to
> the north of the country and back over a 9 day period. Most of the time i=
> was cold, damp, cloudy and very windy, but it was a very enjoyable trip.
>
> Richard
>
> --
> #################
> Richard Stern,
> Port Williams, NS, Canada
> sternrichard@gmail.com
> ###################

------=_Part_394_2040230755.1435311835190

e time I did say Glaucous. I'm not sure why I labelled it wrong - some kind=
ture">Richard Stern<br /><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com" x-apple-=
data-detectors=3D"true" x-apple-data-detectors-type=3D"link" x-apple-data-d=
etectors-result=3D"1">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br />Sent from my iPhone</=
k Whitman&quot; <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dendroica.caerulesc=
ens@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com</a>&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br />

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<pre>Hi Richard,