[NatureNS] Queen Bee

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 11:16:03 -0300

Hi Mary & All,                    July 3, 2015
    It was good to see your advocacy of insects getting some exposure
(Hfx.Chr.) in today's paper.
    Next time, if doing so is possible, try to steer the reporter clear of
negativity; e.g."Most of them are downright ugly."
    Many larvae would not win any beauty pagents perhaps but mature insects
are beautiful; more so under magnification.
    Some 20 years ago I caught wind of a society based in California that
aimed to increase awareness about insects and change attitudes for the
better. I thought it was xerxes something but a google of that turns up only
Persian history. Does anyone remember the name of this society and whether
they are still active ?

Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville