[NatureNS] Queen Bee

From: David & Alison Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:07:40 -0300

Hi Steve & All,
    Because size matters if you are a predator which specializes in catching
insects on the wing. You must be large enough to remain airborne with a
cargo of prey on board.
    I expect the models with the two-foot wingspans fell by the wayside for
converse reasons. Just too much momentum and fuel consumption if you must be
able to quickly change speed and flight direction to catch smaller and agile
prey.
Yt, Dave Webster Kentville