[NatureNS] grackles on the move

From: nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 06:24:33 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

A large loose flock of Common Grackles passed through last evening. They seemed in no big hurry. The ones I singled out and focussed on clambered around in the treetops and occasionally flew down to the ground. Those in the trees had small twigs and leaf bundles raining down on the metal camp roof. Many of these seemed young based on their not quite right grackle squawks and general silliness. But there were some yellow-eyed glossy adults among the many brownish dark-eyed ones I watched.

All in all it took the group about a half hour from start to finish before there was silence. Passing roughly Norh to South along the lakeshore.