[NatureNS] Baby snapper dramatic rescue

From: Ian Manning <ianmanning4@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 21:02:09 -0700
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Some dramatic content that came my way From the Bluenose Coastal Action Facebook Page;

"These snapping turtles were found inside the stomach of a chain pickerel caught on Hebb Lake last week. Amazingly they survived the ordeal and were released back into the wild by Coastal Action staff. Did you know that The chain pickerel was introduced to Nova Scotia in 1945, and now can be found in many lakes across the province? Unfortunately, as a relatively large predator, there is concern over the negative impacts chain pickerel have on existing fish communities in lakes such as the endangered Atlantic Whitefish."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1089087051120026&id=100000562238768&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=627980541

Good people doing good work in Lunenburg County. Lucky for the turtles. Those pickerel have quite voracious appetites. I've angled them sometimes with white perch so large the tail is still sticking out their mouths. Amazing they're still able/willing to hit a lure.

Best,
Ian