[NatureNS] Small Heron

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 10:18:17 -0300
From: George Forsyth <g4syth@gnspes.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--089e0122e9ec63912a051b120547

I'm guessing an immature night heron.

On 16 July 2015 at 13:16, rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca <
rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>   Hi All
>  Today in a pond near the house there was a small heron standing
>  on an old tire in a little pond by the house. A little smaller than a
> bittern
>  with a black bill and dark legs. The bird was brown with light spots.
>  I went for a camera but it was gone before I got there I haven't heard
>  any bitterns there all year.
>  It looked like this years hatch. The head was still kind of downey and
>  the feathers looked immature.
>  Any guesses?
>  Enjoy the summer
>  Paul

--089e0122e9ec63912a051b120547

ass=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On 16 July 2015 at 13:16=
, <a href=3D"mailto:rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca">rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca</a=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid=
;padding-left:1ex"><u></u>
   =20
=20
=20
   Hi All
   Today in a pond near the house there was a small heron standing
   on an old tire in a little pond by the house. A little smaller than a bi=
ttern
   with a black bill and dark legs. The bird was brown with light spots.
   I went for a camera but it was gone before I got there I haven&#39;t hea=