[NatureNS] StFX collection hits a kilometre-stone

From: Randy Lauff <randy.lauff@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 14:46:34 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--e89a8f64277a849808051ba2973f

Several weeks ago, I posted my annual-ish report on the status, and needs,
of the StFX vertebrate zoology collection. Several people wrote to me or
contributed "that bird which has been in the freezer for years but didn't
know what to do with". Thank you for those.

I made a point a few weeks ago to work on "those small things which keep
dropping to the bottom of my chest freezer." I've cleaned three skeletons
in the last three days (via Dermestid beetles), and with those, the StFX
collection has now exceeded 150 species of bird. Those last three birds and
their collectors were:

Tree Swallow, Fritz McEvoy, 2005
Grasshopper Sparrow, Clarence Stevens and Fulton Lavender (found dead at
Canso, 2005)
Bay-breasted Warbler, Sunny Tait

The last one is from 1998 05 25. I have tried locating Sunny Tait via the
internet, but no luck. I would benefit from knowing the locality of the
specimen. Can anyone help me track down the collector?

Thanks,
Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

--e89a8f64277a849808051ba2973f

atus, and needs, of the StFX vertebrate zoology collection. Several people =
wrote to me or contributed &quot;that bird which has been in the freezer fo=
r years but didn&#39;t know what to do with&quot;. Thank you for those.<div=
 things which keep dropping to the bottom of my chest freezer.&quot; I&#39;=
ve cleaned three skeletons in the last three days (via Dermestid beetles), =
and with those, the StFX collection has now exceeded 150 species of bird. T=
ree Swallow, Fritz McEvoy, 2005</div><div>Grasshopper Sparrow, Clarence Ste=
vens and Fulton Lavender (found dead at Canso, 2005)</div><div>Bay-breasted=
25. I have tried locating Sunny Tait via the internet, but no luck. I would=
 benefit from knowing the locality of the specimen. Can anyone help me trac=
y, NS.</div></div>

--e89a8f64277a849808051ba2973f--