[NatureNS] Petrels knots and swifts Pictou co

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 21:24:53 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

Hi all
About 20 Leach's Storm-petrels were seen by Peggy Scanlan and myself at the caribou I  lighthouse this afternoon- All heading east. There were about 100 gannets mostly off the South of Pictou island.

On a nearby sandbar we saw 2 alt plumage Red Knots with substantial red coloration.

Last night July 24, 276 Chimney Swifts entered the old Temperance St school about 9 pm.

Cheers
Ken
Ken McKenna
Box 218