[NatureNS] Photo site "PBase.com"

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:32:39 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Phil Schappert <philjs@eastlink.ca>

At 9:17 AM -0300 8/11/15, Peter Payzant wrote:
>Some of us on the NatureNS list use the photo-sharing site pbase.com
>to make our photos available to others. It looks as if their domain
>name registration has expired - I went to pbase.com this morning and
>found something completely different. It's just a site offering to
>sell the domain name to anybody who wants it. Does anybody know
>anything about this? Did pbase show signs of shutting down?

That's a real shame...I used Tom Murray's (author of "Insects of New
England and New York") site a lot. I had noticed a change on
Saturday...my link to Tom's site stopped working but a Google search
gave me the same URL with "/root" appended to the end. That worked on
Saturday but is NOT working now.

A Whois search turns up Network Solutions (an ISP) as the owner so,
yes, it looks like whoever actually owned the domain has allowed it
to lapse.

Phil

--

Phil Schappert, PhD

27 Clovis Ave.
Halifax, NS, B3P 1J3

philschappert.ca
imaginaturestudio.ca
imaginaturestudio.blogspot.ca
philschappert.com

"Just let imagination lead, reality will follow through..."
                                        (Michael Hedges)