[NatureNS] Clymene Moth

From: naturens <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:31:00 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Yes, your moth looks like a Clymene Moth. This is the one I photographed last year here in Kings Co:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/92981528@N08/9421681739/in/photolist-fmyzJB

Jim Edsall, who confirmed the ID of the above, said it was the first NS record he knew of at that time. So it does seem to be a rare NS moth. The size and distinct pattern would make it very noticeable to even casual observers otherwise, I think.

Nancy (not an expert)