(No Subject)

If the insect you're writing about is a real fly (from the order Diptera
[meaning "two wings"]), then the word "fly" is separate:

     Horse Fly, Deer Fly, Black Fly, Dance Fly, Flower Fly, Hover Fly,
Robber Fly, tonnes more.

But many insects have "fly" in their names, yet are not true flies. In this
case, "fly" is incorporated into the name of the insect:

    Damselfly, Stonefly, Scorpionfly, Mayfly, Butterfly, Caddisfly

Entomologically yours,
Randy

_________________________________
RF Lauff
Way in the boonies of
Antigonish County, NS.

On 3 September 2015 at 13:43, rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca <
rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hi All
> Last evening was so nice the canoe wanted to go for a paddle on the river.
> It was delightful - a little breeze until the sun went down then still.
> We went up to Turnback Pool where we stopped to get the kinks out
> of our legs. Need pay attention to our age!
> Just at the pool there is a little bar which is convenient to pull out at.
> The grass is high along the river and a good hatch of midges was
> flying along the bank.
> They were a light yellow - something like a Yellow Sally but I have no
> idea as to species.
> Big Dragon flies were feasting on them. Just like seagulls enjoying French
> fries!
> I kind of felt sorry for the midges but I guess they ate something on the
> ways to
> being flies! A couple of times a fish grabbed a dragon fly - the cycle of
> life!
> The river bottom is composed of small stones at that spot and continually
> changes.
> A wayward stump will hook on the bottom and it will cause the river flow
> to gouge out a pool.
> The small stones are like a carpet moving slowly down river. The water
> level is reasonably
> high for early September. About the first of July when the river level is
> low it is common to see
> a kettle of Lamprey Eels in the gravel. An active sight.
> Enjoy September
> Paul

--089e0111d86850208b051edba121

on spelling/grammar, but what you wrote is actually a) different from what =
div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0One, there&#39;s a big dragon out there which =
is flying.</div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Two, you are making a comment on a=
 particular group of flies called Dragon Flies, and they&#39;re big!</div><=
39;re writing about is a real fly (from the order Diptera [meaning &quot;tw=
/div><div>=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Horse Fly, Deer Fly, Black Fly, Dance Fly, Fl=
many insects have &quot;fly&quot; in their names, yet are not true flies. I=
n this case, &quot;fly&quot; is incorporated into the name of the insect:</=
nty, NS.</div></div>
lto:rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca">rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca</a> <span dir=3D"l=
tr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca" target=3D"_blank">rita=
uote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1e=
x"><u></u>
   =20
=20
=20
   Hi All
   Last evening was so nice the canoe wanted to go for a paddle on the rive=
r.
   It was delightful - a little breeze until the sun went down then still.
   We went up to Turnback Pool where we stopped to get the kinks out
   of our legs. Need pay attention to our age!
   Just at the pool there is a little bar which is convenient to pull out a=
t.
   The grass is high along the river and a good hatch of midges was flying=
=C2=A0along the bank.
[...]
   =C2=A0
=20

--089e0111d86850208b051edba121--