[NatureNS] possible Solitary Sandpiper

From: naturens <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 08:48:26 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

A sandpiper on the lakeshore this morning sounded like a Solitary Sandpiper, flew like one and was the right size. But I did not have binoculars with me and the lake fog was thick. The usual sandpiper here is the Spotted SP but this bird did not do the teetering nor fly like the latter. And it flew way out over the lake rather than the typical short, near shore fluttering I am used to the Spotted SPs performing.

Are Solitary Sandpipers common in migration on inland lakes in NS?

Nancy
L Torment, E Dalhousie, Kings Co.