[NatureNS] high speed Merlin flight

From: naturens <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 17:54:56 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I was driving up in Lakeview midday yesterday (nr E Dalhousie, Kings Co) and watched the most amazing Merlin flight I have ever seen. The bird came bombing out of the woods just ahead of the truck at windshield level. It either got scared of the vehicle or snagged an insect mid-flight and pulled an extremely sharp U-turn before charging back into the forest, steering between the trunks in very fast, low level flight.

Quite a sight.

Nancy D