[NatureNS] Turtlehead and Ladies'tresses Flowers

From: K MacDonald <krissymacd@hotmail.com>
To: Nature NS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 11:00:35 -0300

--_3a7cb929-f94b-46d2-867c-0ef365c29347_

Which river would this be=2C Paul?

KM
Date: Wed=2C 9 Sep 2015 10:35:09 -0300
From: rita.paul@ns.sympatico.ca
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Subject: [NatureNS] Turtlehead and Ladies'tresses Flowers

=0A=
    =0A=
 =0A=
 =0A=
 =0A=
  =0A=
   Hi All=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   Yesterday evening I made a trip to the river to test a new fly.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   The water level has gone down to its lowest level in 2015 and there was=
=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   not much fish activity.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   However a good bed of Ladies'-tresses is in flower on the bank. Seems=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   years with low water make the best flowers. They are quite brilliant thi=
s year.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   In the bed was a Turtlehead in bloom. It was very short - about 20 cms. =
Looked =0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   like it might have been a different species but perhaps where it grew wa=
s responsible.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   A very attractive flower even if it was a miniture.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   Insects were scare but for some water beattles. A few dragonflies were g=
oing back and forth=2C=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   but there didn't seem to be grazing on midges.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   About dark several small flocks of Mallards / Black Ducks came in and sp=
lashed down near me.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   One flock of 4 had a Mallard and 3 smaller ducks. Perhaps Ring Necks or =
teal - I couldn't tell.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   As the ducks were flying around=2C the fish got active and my new fly me=
et their approval.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   By that time it was dark and time to go home. On the way a barred=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   owl ended up making it a pleasant evening.=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   Enjoy the last of summer=0A=
   =0A=
  =0A=
   Paul=0A=
   		 	   		  =

--_3a7cb929-f94b-46d2-867c-0ef365c29347_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B