[NatureNS] Artic terns and hummingbirds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:50:43 -0300

We still have hummingbirds here, two for sure are locals but last evening
there were 4 at the feeders, possibly more. Transients. I'm going to miss
them.

Today I was in Port Medway at Lighthouse Park being the "artist painting the
light in the park" as part of the Lighthouse Rally. It was spitting so I
settled down in the band shelter to work. There were at least two Artic
Terns there, a male and female, they were fishing right beside me for some
time. They flew through the bandstand several times.
Last week Steve and I drove down there to scout locations to paint (and have
back up sketches if it was to rain) and at that time there was a number of
terns about then.

There was a loon a short way off and many cormorants and gulls. The gulls
were curious enough (or hungry, maybe?) they were coming to the bandstand
and checking what I was doing. Saw an Heron flying way up, heading west. I
had no camera with me. Tomorrow I am there again so will try to remember
that needs to go with.

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard
MargMillard.ca
B0T 1G0 (902)683-2393