[NatureNS] birds and butterflies

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 17:07:58 -0300

In the past few days we have had a number of yellow rumped warblers feeding
on tiny worms in the tips of my fir tree. There were other birds as well, a
ruby crowned Kinglet and a I'm pretty sure vireos. I was able to get photos
of the warblers but then got side tracked with the monarch photos.
Yesterday we had a few purple finches here, males and females, and another
finch larger and heavy beaked and quite yellowish. I am not sure what it
was. It was here about an hour ago. Doesn't look right for an evening
grosbeak...
Lots of Sparrow, various. There area couple Juncos, two Robins and a whole
hoard of Blue Jays!

Butterflies: there are quite a few Sulphers, Cabbages, a very, very pale and
ragged Fritillary (I have photos of that) a Red Admiral, several Painted
Ladies and Monarchs. How many I don't know. I had one that went to wing
Thursday so it might be that same one then I saw one yesterday and again
today. At no time did they settle and feed so I could get photos. There are
a few of the tiny coppery ones. I don't know what they are. Somewhere in
that 200+ photos I took of the Monarch morphing there is a very small
butterfly that, if I can find the photo, I will send to my sister and get
her to ID. A very pretty little thing.
best regards, Marg Millard

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd.,
White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard
MargMillard.ca
B0T 1G0 (902)683-2393