[NatureNS] Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz 2015 data

From: Kate Steele <katefsteele@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:02:41 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,

--001a11c30b1422ac570520d6b495

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the delay in getting this information out - I just received
it from the international coordinator yesterday. She has switched jobs and
the coordination of the third and final year (2016) of the Rusty Blackbird
Spring Migration Blitz has not yet been determined. Here are some
interesting points from this year's Blitz effort:

-- Throughout Canada and the US during the Blitz period from March 1 to
June 15, there were 13,919 eBird checklists submitted (including some
shared checklists causing duplicates) containing at least one Rusty
Blackbird observation.

-- Twenty-six checklists containing at least one Rusty Blackbird were
reported from Nova Scotia during the 2015 Blitz, compared to 23 in 2014.

-- Thirty-four Rusty Blackbirds were reported from Nova Scotia during this
period.

-- A flock of 1822 Rusties was reported from Indiana on April 12; the
largest flock in 2015.

-- 3632 checklists were submitted using the Rusty Blackbird Spring
Migration Blitz protocol on eBird.

Thanks again to all of those who submitted information and took an interest
in the Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz! One more year to go!

Kate

--001a11c30b1422ac570520d6b495

lay in getting this information out - I just received it from the internati=
onal coordinator yesterday. She has switched jobs and the coordination of t=
he third and final year (2016) of the Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blit=
z has not yet been determined. Here are some interesting points from this y=
ear&#39;s Blitz effort:<br><br>-- Throughout Canada and the US during the B=