[NatureNS] Frost in the morning

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 12:55:28 +0000

Hi Paul

I remember reading  somewhere that the reason was that the sun would hit the top of the hills first, drawing heat upwards (convection?), that would then draw the colder air down the slopes to the hollows..  can't remember where I saw that, but it seems to make sense (from the point of physics of air mass movement)

Andrew