[NatureNS] Butternut seedlings

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=208.103.231.205; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:44:29 -0300

HI Jane & All,
    Yes it is J. cinerea and it is known in NS only as a planted ornamental.
    I know of only two (3?) trees in the area, all on the Kentville Research
Station lawn. There may of course be many other trees of which I am not
aware.
    Floods may be one way of getting the seeds moved so that may account for
their fondness of river banks.
Yt, Dave Webster, Kentville