[NatureNS] White Point, Queens, birds

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:50:44 -0400

Things have slowed down somewhat drastically for awhile. We have the usuals
including Sparrows: Song and White Throats and a Swamp (may be still here),
Mourning Doves (I counted 30 some today), Blue Jays  too, too many, a
Mockingbird that seems to be flying with a group of Jays. There are a few
Chickadees, a  nuthatch that I hear nattering so probably two but I haven't
seen them, a grackle and a few crows, more heard than seen. I have seen a
couple woodpeckers in the distance. They'd be big Downies or small Hairies.
Maybe one of each, I do not know. I don't know. I haven't had time really to
stay outside and watch for them.
There are still dragon or damsel flies out and about, some house flies but I
am not seeing wasps so we think we may see can we salvage the big nest on
the barn. It is starting to show signs of wear. It is so lovely we think we
would like to hang onto it. What chances are there for it still to be
occupied? On a drive we saw two separate hives hanging from Power lines,
within a couple hundred feet one of the other. We have never seen that
before. I think I would have noticed, had I.
Best regards, Marg

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.