[NatureNS] Conrad's Beach - West Lawrencetown, NS

From: Christopher <cpetershfx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 20:19:07 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi everyone,

I parked in the parking area at Conrad’s Beach today and attempted to walk to Conrad’s Beach.  To my surprise the boardwalk is badly damaged with two large sections missing.   It wasn't possible to walk to Conrad’s Beach without wearing a wet suit or hip waders.   Several surfers walked through the cold water in their wet suits to access the beach.   I had to turn around without going to the beach.   Does anyone know what’s going on here?  Any news on a time frame for repair?  Looks like we are shut out of a major birding site unless a person wants to brave those cold waters or calculate tides safely.

Chris Peters