[NatureNS] sparrows

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:26:35 -0400

=

--Boundary_(ID_fbZpjxhuTwN+JEa04kqpRQ)

Wikipedia has a bit of interesting reading on the decline of House
Sparrow populations in some parts of the world:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_sparrow#Status .

They reference an article in the Journal of Ornithology, an abstract of
which is available here
<http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10336-007-0154-0>.

Peter Payzant

On 2015-11-20 8:10 AM, GayleMacLean wrote:
>  My neighbour, across the street has a number of House Sparrows
> visiting his feeders year-round. Never any around my house, though. I
> think it is how & where hedges and trees are situated around a house
> that either attracts them or not.
> Gayle MacLean
> Dartmouth
> On 11/20/15 07:23 AM, *Don MacNeill *<donmacneill@bellaliant.net> wrote:
>>
>> House Sparrows suffered a steep decline worldwide.  I still have 6
>> coming regularly to my feeders.
>>
>> Don
>>
>> Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
>> On 19/11/2015 11:06 PM, Dave&Jane Schlosberg wrote:
>>> I presume Peter was referring to house sparrows.
>>> And, yes, there’s been a number of us wondering about that for some
>>> time.
>>> Dave S....

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Wikipedia has a bit of interesting reading on the decline of House
    Sparrow populations in some parts of the world: <br>
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_sparrow#Status
    .<br>
    They reference an article in the Journal of Ornithology, an abstract
    of which is available <a
      href="http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10336-007-0154-0">here</a>.<br>
    Peter Payzant<br>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        Sparrows visiting his feeders year-round. Never any around my
        house, though. I think it is how &amp; where hedges and trees
        are situated around a house that either attracts them or not.</div>
        wrote:</span>
        MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #00f 1px solid"
        cite="mid:564F01AE.1020805@bellaliant.net" type="cite">
                <tbody>
                          steep decline worldwide.  I still have 6
                          coming regularly to my feeders.<br>
                          Don<br>
                          moz-do-not-send="true"
                          class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                          href="javascript:main.compose('new',
                          't=donmacneill@bellaliant.net')">donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
                        PM, Dave&amp;Jane Schlosberg wrote:<br>
                        cite="mid:0E05318180784C29BA53FC9F33350F0E@DavidPC"
                        type="cite">
                            'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
                              sparrows.</div>
                              wondering about that for some time.</div>
                              TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY:
                              &quot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
                              COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal;
                              DISPLAY: inline">
                                    <a title="duartess@EastLink.c