Fw: [NatureNS] Leaf & Fruit shedding

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=208.103.231.4; helo=D58WQPH1; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: "David & Alison Webster" <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: <NatureNS@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:34:48 -0400

Dear All,                                    Dec 5, 2015
    To paraphrase a saying; you can fail to see a lot by not looking. The
suspect high-spirited kids are off the hook. One of these trees fell over,
last night I expect, and there is just a narrow ring of live wood <1 cm wide
the inner 4-5 cm being punky rotten. On the remaining Mountain Ash of any
size, the upper third has shed most of its fruit while the lower 2/3 still
carries a fair load. And that upper third looks weak. So the early shedding
was just an expression of tree decline.
Yt, DW