[NatureNS] Re: May's report

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca,
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 11:15:31 -0500

On 12/16/2015 10:42 AM, Paul Ruggles wrote:

> Fred,  I would hope that our duty as "naturalists" would of have been to try our utmost to have stopped the disaster.

* that too, of course - some of us have been working along those lines
since the 1960s. Aleta and I are contemplating making 2016's project an
expedition and book entitled "Raising the Sill" about the prospects of
sequestering carbon in mature communities and wetland/tundra soils.

fred.

http://elizabethmaymp.ca/cop21-final-blog-day-13/

> On 2015-12-16, at 10:26 AM, Fred Schueler wrote:
>
>> Quoting Paul Ruggles <cpruggles@eastlink.ca>:
>>
>>> I'm afraid Steve that, tragically, we have waited too long to address the problem. I believe that it is now - virtually impossible to stop this ecological disaster. I suppose "Better Late Than Never".
>>
>> * still, it's our duty, as naturalists, to document the disaster, and to document evolution's response to it, if only to remind non-naturalists how foolish they've always been.
>>
>> fred.

           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/