[NatureNS] Beached whale on Antigonish CBC

From: Ken McKenna <kenmcken@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 08:34:54 -0400
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi all
Near the end of the day yesterday and while enduring the nasty weather on the Antigonish CBC, I discovered a whale, maybe minke, grounded on the back of Pomquet PP as seen from the small wharf in Pomquet Pt. The tide was high  and just starting to fall and the whale was periodically thrashing the tail to see if it could get off the bar but I suspect it would not succeed. A boat would be needed to get to the area where the whale was and it was very windy with gusts to 60 km/h. I spoke with a lady from the nearest  house and she notified DFO and left a couple messages with the stranding network. I had to leave the area but the lady took my number
and was going to update me. Have not heard anything back yet but, if I do will put on an update post.

Ken McKenna
Plymouth, Pictou Co.

Sent from my iPad