[NatureNS] Mountain Bluebirds - Not

To: NaturenNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>,
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 16:33:16 -0400

--------------070107080303080801090503

With 3 days of sunny skies forecast, Carol and I drove down the South
shore to the Red Cap Motel in Pubnico (delicious rappie pie).  The next
day we drove up to Baccaro and then to the Victoria's Historic Inn in
Wolfville.

We tried for the bluebirds on Tuesday at about 4:00 pm but there was no
sign of them.  There were 4 Cedar Waxwings though.  On Wednesday we saw
the male Eastern Towhee reported by Ronnie d'Entremont as well as
several Northern Cardinals at the same feeder in West Pubnico.  Again
there was no sign of the bluebirds at The Hawk.  They may have found
another berry patch in the area to plunder.  At the Baccaro lighthouse a
beautiful Snowy Owl sat and watched us.  We also had a good view of an
adult Lesser Black-backed Gull at Canard.

The driving was great with sunny skies and clear roads.  A nice relaxing
time after the Christmas fervour.

Don
--
Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net

--------------070107080303080801090503

  <head>

  </head>
      I drove down the South shore to the Red Cap Motel in Pubnico
      (delicious rappie pie).  The next day we drove up to Baccaro and
      then to the Victoria's Historic Inn in Wolfville.<br>
      We tried for the bluebirds on Tuesday at about 4:00 pm but there
      was no sign of them.  There were 4 Cedar Waxwings though.  On
      Wednesday we saw the male Eastern Towhee reported by Ronnie
      d'Entremont as well as several Northern Cardinals at the same
      feeder in West Pubnico.  Again there was no sign of the bluebirds
      at The Hawk.  They may have found another berry patch in the area
      to plunder.  At the Baccaro lighthouse a beautiful Snowy Owl sat
      and watched us.  We also had a good view of an adult Lesser
      Black-backed Gull at Canard.<br>
      The driving was great with sunny skies and clear roads.  A nice
      relaxing time after the Christmas fervour.<br>
      Don<br>
      Don MacNeill
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>

--------------070107080303080801090503--