Fwd: [NatureNS] Red Herring & Forestry

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Doug Linzey <doug.linzey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 16:21:04 -0400

ailto
Succinctly put, Nick.

I agree that Nature Nova Scotia should have a policy statement on
biomass burning in the province. At this point the NNS board is well
aware of the situation and will likely discuss the topic at its meeting
in Halifax this weekend.

In the meantime, if this subject is of concern to you, let your local
naturalist clubs know. They are the backbone of Nature Nova Scotia
(naturens.ca):

    Blomidon Naturalists Society (www.blomidonnaturalists.ca/)
    Cape Breton Naturalists Society
    (www.facebook.com/CapeBretonNaturalistsSociety)
    Friends of the Pugwash Estuary (www.pugwashestuary.com/)
    Halifax Field Naturalists (www.halifaxfieldnaturalists.ca/)
    Nova Scotia Bird Society (www.nsbirdsociety.ca/)
    Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society (www.nswildflora.ca/)
    Tusket River Environmental Protection Association (TREPA)
    (www.trepa.com)
    Young Naturalists Clubs of Nova Scotia (ync.nature1st.net/)

Doug Linzey
(in the Arlington woods)
BNS representative to the NNS board

<snip>