[NatureNS] Sharp-shinned Hawk (was goshawk)

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:53:32 -0400

--------------020202000805020902010901

I had a Sharp-shinned Hawk catch  a starling in my backyard today.  It
took a long time to kill it and flopped around the backyard with it for
quite a while.  It finally took it into a corner to eat and then flew
back to our small apple tree to wait for another one.  From its size, it
would be a male.  From its ineptness in killing the starling, probably
an immature.

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 15/01/2016 5:40 PM, bdigout wrote:
> I came across a goshawk today eating a hare on Doyle's Rd. in Rich. Co.
> Billy

--------------020202000805020902010901

  <head>
  </head>
      my backyard today.  It took a long time to kill it and flopped
      around the backyard with it for quite a while.  It finally took it
      into a corner to eat and then flew back to our small apple tree to
      wait for another one.  From its size, it would be a male.  From
      its ineptness in killing the starling, probably an immature.<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      cite="mid:0c87b6a5a98e9d2011af111ddcfba1f3@seaside.ns.ca"
      type="cite">I came across a goshawk today eating a hare on Doyle's
      Rd. in Rich. Co.
      Billy

--------------020202000805020902010901--