[NatureNS] re no-go! for Never Forgotten Mother Canada Memorial

From: Donna Crossland <dcrossland@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 09:25:12 -0400

at we&amp;#8217;d completely lost our way...&amp;nbsp; Great news

------=_NextPart_000_0731_01D16189.723FE960

It is good to point this out, John.

The voice of the biologist/ecologist has been muted under some new policies
and 'rules'.  Perhaps the present government will turn this around.  There
were those who spoke out from the safety of retirement; some who had
occupied very high places within the organization.  There was a letter
signed by several of them.  Additionally, there are these utube videos
(links below).   They 'say it all'.   I trained as a Park Warden with Kevin
Van Tigum back in 1993 in Jasper; a very gifted man and excellent
naturalist, too.   (Back then I was adamant to find during my spare time the
"dipper bird" that I'd seen on a documentary.  Kevin took on the task and
hosted an unforgettable western birding experience.)

Those of us who are still in the system have been warned to be careful.
Sending this email is questionable.  Maybe things will change now, but
Canadians need to remain vigilant on how THEIR national parks are run, and
speak out when they feel the mandate is being ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmlqGPMQ_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qZFT9D8Vpk