[NatureNS] Early Pussy Willows

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:56:15 -0400
From: Nicholas Hill <fernhillns@gmail.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--001a1141f7fa123a63052cc19e2c

David Garbary and I did an early flowering paper for that year when spring
broke in February. Exotics were very much overrepresented among the early
flowers..Draba verna. .whitlow"grass" ..was loaded and ready to flower and
seed given a weeks warm but most our natives are more conservative except
these willows which were breaking bud this year in November.
On Feb 26, 2016 10:41 PM, "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> yes we have them around here, White Point, Queens, through to Lunenburg,
> in places. So far as I have seen quite hit and miss but coming right along.
> We have croci leaves up and I have snowdrops blooming.
> Marg Millard, White Point

--001a1141f7fa123a63052cc19e2c

ar when spring broke in February. Exotics were very much overrepresented am=
ong the early flowers..Draba verna. .whitlow&quot;grass&quot; ..was loaded =
and ready to flower and seed given a weeks warm but most our natives are mo=
re conservative except these willows which were breaking bud this year in N=
ovember. <br>
t; &lt;mmillard@eastlink.ca&gt;=
 wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"=
margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">yes we have =
them around here, White Point, Queens, through to Lunenburg, in places. So =
far as I have seen quite hit and miss but coming right along. We have croci=
 leaves up and I have snowdrops blooming.<br>
Marg Millard, White Point<br>

--001a1141f7fa123a63052cc19e2c--