[NatureNS] Fw: Reconsideration; ground frost

From: "Hebda, Andrew J" <Andrew.Hebda@novascotia.ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 02:54:39 +0000

effective area of insolation

David

I think I am missing something here.

I can see the relationship with the sine of the angle of incidence.. but until light strikes the surface, the effective angle of incidence is zero  (as it is during the dark period), so am no sure how it can approach zero if it is there already.... or have I missed something fundamental here?

Andrew