[NatureNS] re early ice out implications? -- excellent discussion, but....

From: Jim Wolford <jimwolford@eastlink.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 18:11:58 -0400
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Forgive me, everyone on this list, but I have held off on this for far too long.  Some of you recall that I’m a punctuation freak with what I call common-sense ‘rules’ about writing.  Most or all of you once were taught basic grammar, and one rule that nobody follows any more, except yours truly, is that when you address someone, you always set that name off with one or two commas.  It’s a matter for writing clearly.  Sorry to use Paul’s writing as the example, in my mind the point needed to be made.  Let’s try to set examples for others, and why has this very sensible rule now being totally ignored?  Cheers?? from Jim in Wolfville.