[NatureNS] Report from White Point, Queens

From: Marg Millard <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 14:58:40 -0400

We have had the usual bird attending the feeders the past while, numbers
varying with the weather. Chickadees, Juncos, a few starlings, Mourning
Doves, Blue Jays, Sparrows, Song, White Throat and Tree. Possibly a
Savannah.  There have been more Bald eagles about than I remember ever
seeing. I think they are working through Bunnies at White Point, or else
they are getting cats.
This am a Grackle arrived, then another then another. I don't see them right
now but one was picking up nesting material and heading into the big spruce
beside the Barn. I would dearly love them not to have colonies around here
this summer.
Shorty after the third Grackle came in I was so pleased to see two Robins.
They fed awhile and have disappeared. Snow drops are in full bloom. I have
yet to hear peepers.
Spring's acomin.

Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point,
Nova Scotia , Canada
(902) 683-2393 MargMillard.ca
Facebook: White Point Artist, Marg Millard.