[NatureNS] starlings - bird feed seed treatment

From: Mary Macaulay <marymacaulay@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 21:23:07 -0300
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

I have also noticed that plants/flowers grown in commercially sourced manure & compost do not attract insects as they once did. Any animal that is corn fed will produce manure contaminated with these Neonicotinoid pesticides. Similarly composted vegetation is also contaminated. It is sad and scary. I use sheep manure which seems to be OK.

With kindest regards

Mary (Macaulay), P.Eng.
Queen Bee, Insect Recovery Project
Owner, Remember Adventures
Pedal Buggy & snowshoe rentals, picnics, great bird friendly coffee, breakfast & pasta, pollinator meadow, games & more!!
(Open Wed to Sunday: 8:30 am)
365 Main Street & Station Road
Trans-Canada Trail
Tatamagouche
RememberAdventures.ca & InsectRecovery.org
1-902-657-0054
Twitter @RememberTata & @InsectRecovery