[NatureNS] Conrad Beach - Dogs Off Leash

From: Fritz McEvoy <fritzmcevoy@hotmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 12:44:13 +0000

--_000_SN1PR18MB0381F96D587C5C4B52AB3343B7680SN1PR18MB0381namp_

     Hi All,

     Paul's idea is a good one. Unfortunately, my experience is that any si=
gn restricting access to beaches by unleashed dogs and ATV's or even pointi=
ng out that the beach is a Piping Plover nesting site is subject to removal=
 or vandalism by those that believe their need for unfettered access to the=
 beach supplants  any law or restriction to their opinion.

     The only signs that I've heard about that seem to work (and I don't re=
call exactly where I saw it) were homemade signs constructed by local young=
 people. Their advantage seemed to be that they weren't threatening and van=
dals didn't seem to want to upset the parents of sign makers.  All the best=
.

                                Fritz McEvoy

                                  Sunrise Valley, CB (near Dingwall)