[NatureNS] Conrad Beach - Dogs Off Leash

From: "Jane&Dave Schlosberg" <dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Cc: "Welch Dottie&Gary" <dwelch@eastlink.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:06:12 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01D19706.D21CDD40

I once confronted a woman whose dog was off-leash and chasing peeps.  I =
said, =E2=80=9CYou know that your dog should be on a leash.=E2=80=9D  =
She told me to =E2=80=98F. off=E2=80=99 and then informed me that =
=E2=80=98Conrad=E2=80=99s is an off leash beach=E2=80=99.  So, yes, by =
all means, a big sign, informing people that it is NOT an off leash area =
and that fines will be leveed, with the phone number to call. =20
I=E2=80=99ve also seen many people park on the wrong side of the road.  =
I once told a guy that the police were there towing offenders the =
previous time we were there.  He just shrugged and walked away.
Getting the license numbers of dog offenders is a great idea, but that =
requires aborting one=E2=80=99s own enjoyable ramble.  I walk on that =
beach at all times of the year.  There are always numerous dogs off =
leash. =20
Perhaps the other beach, just east of Conrad=E2=80=99s=E2=80=93the one =
where the kite people are=E2=80=94could be designated =E2=80=9Coff =
leash=E2=80=9D, giving the dog people a place.
Jane