[NatureNS] Birds in Herring Cove area

From: David Hughes <dghughes@bellaliant.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 23:17:09 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

Yesterday there was an Osprey flying over Herring Cove Rd. Near the Sobeys store. Our first for the year.

This evening we heard a Winter Wren at Frog Pond. Also our first of the year. And a small flock of Canada Geese (6 or so) flying overhead.

A few days ago, we had a Starling pulling nesting material off a white birch in our yard in Lower  Sackville. Presumably to build a nest in our neighbor's eaves. A prolific source of new Starlings for decades.

David Hughes
Lower Sackville

Sent from my iPad