[NatureNS] Trout Lily pollen colour

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca, NATURENB@LISTSERV.UNB.CA
From: Fred Schueler <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 10:28:31 -0400

Subject: Trout Lily pollen colour

I am a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Ottawa, and am
curious about the functional significance (if any) of the yellow-to-red
pollen colour polymorphism that occurs in American trout lily
(Erythronium americanum).

As a first step, I’d like to document pollen colour frequencies across
the species range.  If you are out admiring the spring ephemerals this
year, please consider taking a closer look at the trout lilies, and
submitting your observations to: https://troutlilysurvey.wordpress.com/

Many thanks in advance for your help. Please share this message with
others who may be interested.

Sincerely,
Emily Austen (http://emilyjausten.wordpress.com/)

            Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad